- We have updated the system so that you can have more than 1 house guest product. (What this means is that if you set up a House Guest product a called "Grand Parent" for $100, you can use it as many times as you want. Thus you can put all 4 of your child's grandparents on the account.)
- With this UPGRADE you can create a second House Guest product called "Nanny" for $200 and both will bill correctly
- The pool admin sets up a product & fee type using the house guest pricing module. (see below)
- The member adds a "house guest" to their account by going to their account, then going to the payment section.
- Then the member finds the house guest product (typically just below the guest passes) & types in the house guest name into the provided fields.
- The member then proceeds to the payment page and pays for the house guest.
- The "house guest" member is added to the account.
- At the 'end of your season' the system automatically removes the "house guest" member from the account.
- The "end of your season" is based on the dates you set up in your Member Splash Settings (Member Splash Settings - Member Splash Settings) and cannot be altered after the house guest is added to the account (What this means is that if you change "end of your season" date only house gets going forward get the new date)
The Set Up
Set up the Fee Type:
The Fee Type for the House Guest is a very special fee type. This fee type is the ONLY fee type that will add the house guest to the account and then remove it at the end of the season.
The NAME of the Fee Type is not important, you can call it anything you want. (however we encourage you to not change the name the system uses, ie "the slug"). If you would like to change the name use caution. As you can see from the highlighted names below most clubs like to change the name of the fee type so that the members can more easily identify it. However what IS IMPORTANT is the "slug". IT MUST BE "house-guest-fee". No other slug will add the person to the account or remove them. See the red circles below.
NAME OF THE FEE TYPE THE SLUG
Set up the Product:
Now it is time to set up the product.
To set up the product for a house guest that is automatically removed at the end of the season use the following steps.
1. Add the product by selections Products>> add new>>
2. Add a Title & Description and be sure to select the house guest fee type.
3. Scroll down the list of pricing options until you get to the "House Guest options" (no other pricing option should be selected) Add in the price you wish to charge.
4. If you want the member to be able to add several House Guests to the account (for example I may want to add both grandparents to the account at $100 each), you can check the "Allow Multiple". This allows you to add grandma and grandpa to the account. (The system does not allow you to cap the house guest)
5. Be sure to select which account types can purchase the house guest and any other restrictions using the Show / Hide / Require Rules.
Now the House Guest Product is complete.
1. The members will be presented with this option when they go to pay. They are asked to add the First Name and the Last Name. Depending on what you have called the fee type and the product it will display differently.
2. The Member simply needs to fill in the name and the system will add it to their account when they have paid.
3. This member will be removed at the end of the season (the end of the season being the date your club has entered into the Members Splash Setting as the end day for your club)
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article