Add a New Product - User Defined Pricing
Modified on: Tue, 16 Feb, 2021 at 8:51 AM
Overview - Please refer the overview article under Flat Rate Pricing.
User Defined Pricing Example
Why would any club allow their members to select the pricing or the amount that they are going to pay?
One example is a donation!
In this example we are walking thru a Donation product. What we call a "user defined pricing" product.
Select Products>> Add New>>
1. Fill in the name (as it appears on the the members bill), the Description and be sure to select a Fee Type. You will want to add a new fee type for this product, in this example it is called 'donation'. See the full instructions for adding a fee type here.
2. Scroll Down>> You will see the box for 'User Defined Price'
(IMPORTANT NOTE - Use only 1 option when setting up a product. You must decided which pricing option you are going to use. Said another way DO NOT fill in prices for "Flat Rate Pricing" and "user defined price". You can choose to use only one of the pricing options: Flat Rate, Per Member, User Defined, House Guest, etc. )
4. Click User Defined Pricing.
5. In nearly ALL cases you will be clicking the box that says "user defined price". (the Admin Only option can only be used by the admin on the off line payment screens and thus is rarely used)
6. Now scroll down to the "Show / Hide / Require Rules". Here you want everything left blank.
Because you are hoping that your members will at some point make a donation you want this to be displayed to everyone at all time. (Leaving the field blank will allow the donation info to appear on everyone account)
7. The Invoice display is below for the user defined pricing is below. It allows me to enter any amount that I wish to donate.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.