HOAs are unique in that some HOAs want to use their existing email to contact residents and some want to use a new free Mailchimp account for sending bulk emails to your residents. The key is understanding that in order for your residents to login to the new system, they must have a username and password that we've created for them during data import. How you get them that information is the challenge. Mailchimp will allow merge tags to import the resident's username and password into the welcome emails thereby providing the information automatically. If you use your existing HOA email service, you will have to figure out a way to provide this information. Quite often HOAs create usernames as something like the lastname_address# combination and so residents would just be told to enter this as their unique username. So which ever way you choose to go, this would all have all been discussed during onboarding and a plan established beforehand.
How can I tell who has logged into their account and done the necessary steps like adding members and signing waivers?
Because HOAs do not collect annual dues through our system which would normally indicate to the admin who has logged in, paid their dues and updated their required information, we have come up with a way to allow HOAs to do this. Basically we will set up your system so that each resident will be required to login, update their information and then MAKE A PAYMENT of zero dollars. By doing this, you can set certain requirements like signing waivers, adding photos and birthdates BEFORE they can make the zero dollar payment and complete their registration.
- You can tell which residents have completed all required tasks
- You can plan on how many residents plan to use the pool this season by completing registration
- You can require residents to add photos, birthdates, waivers before coming to the pool
Note: Not all HOAs feel the need to do this but if you would like to really know how many of your 1000 residents actually plan to use the pool and have completed their registration, this is how you would do it. There is no alternative way to know who has logged into their account.
The breakdown on how we do this
1. Set Up a Product/Fee that everyone (Residents, Renters) must pay zero dollars as shown below:
4. Modify your HOA welcome letter to state the steps they will need to take to complete registration. Specifically the MAKE A PAYMENT portion. See copy in red below.
Welcome to the New Season!
We are excited to announce that with this renewal campaign we are also launching a new membership management system that will allow you to register and buy guest passes as well as have the front gate staff check you and your guests in quickly at the front gate among many other benefits.
As part of the pre-launch process, we have worked hard to clean our records and import all of your existing account data into the new system. We ask that when you first log into the new system to register, please take a moment to verify all of your account information and make any corrections needed. If you have any questions or need assistance with any changes please contact us at <insert email here>.
Instructions to log into your new account:
- Logging In: Visit <insert URL here> and click on the Loginlink at the top of the page.
- Your Username: *|LOGIN|*
- Your Temporary Password: <insert default/temporary password found in members splash settings/account settings/ or on your credential sheet>
*IMPORTANT: You will see a reminder when you log in that you are using the default/temporary password. Please update it to something secure and store it somewhere. If you ever lose your password you can use the password reset link found on the login page, but this requires a valid email address on file. You can store one email address per adult member by clicking the edit icon next to their name on the account management screen.
- Add/Delete Members: To do so, click the ADD MEMBER button and add any members needed. If you need to delete a member, click on DELETE next to each member and delete. Please remember, all members must have the same permanent address.
- Edit Member Information: Edit all info for each member. To do so, click on EDIT next to each member's name and edit phone, email, gender, member type and/or date of birth.
- Edit Account Information: You can change your username here, change the billing contact and update your address. Make sure you are using the address which is associated with your credit card.
- Profile Image: Upload profile images of each individual in your family membership under their name. To do so, select each member, hit EDIT and add each photo by clicking on the CLICK TO UPLOAD IMAGE icon. Please use a close up, head shot or cropped face photo.
- Emergency Contact: To add emergency contact info, click on EDIT next to emergency contact info and add the correct info.
- Payments: Although your HOA dues are collected through the Association, we would like you to proceed with a PAYMENT of zero dollars to process your registration. Please select the RED BAR at the top of the page to process this zero charge and complete your registration. You can select credit card as a form of payment but will not have to enter any data to complete the zero charge.
We look forward to seeing all of you in a few months at our favorite place to cool off and spend time with our friends!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article