Board Level Access should NOT be set-up on the members account. Board level access (as well as Manager and Staff) should be independent of the membership account. (ie if Jane Jetson is a board member her families account should set up as any other member account and her admins access should beset up under Admin>> Users)
This article will make you aware of the larger implications and future issues that you will very likely have if you give board level access via a members account. There are 2 ways to grant a person on your board access to the system
1. You can establish a new user names and password with board level access via these instructions: Adding & Updating a User - Changing a Role
This is the recommended way to do this:
2. You can (but we do NOT recommend it) 'give board level access via the membership account'. If you or a previous board member have set these up this way you can see these clearly. Their format on the Admin Page is "Acct: NAME". As you can see from this example, someone has changed Jane Jetsons member account to have Board access. This can have 2 really bad consequences.
A member account that has been set up this way looks like this highlight of Janes account. This is the view from the Admin - Add User Screens it says Acct: Jetson.
a. Since this is really her membership account and thus can be used by the kids/husband/nanny (to make guest pass purchases, pay a bill, rent a pavilion etc. ) all of the family now has WRITE LEVEL ACCESS to your clubs entire data set. Thus Judy, Elroy and Astro now have access to your data and can make irreversible changes to it ! (view from the admin screens showing the user role as board and how the entire account and everyone on it can change you clubs data)
b. When Jane leaves the board the next Pool Admin will need to take away her board level access. However he/she will not know this process or have read this document. What will happen (and has) is that the new pool admin goes to the Admins >> Users screens and archives the account that they see there. Thus deactivating her entire Membership account with all of her family on it (not just removing her board access) .
THE SOLUTION: When you come across accounts that have been given board access via the membership account you must correctly undo this access so the account is not damaged or incorrectly deactivated.
1. Find the membership account of the board member and go into edit.
2. Under the User Role click the dropdown and change it back to "member"
3. Click submit to save the correct role.
4. Now go back to the User Admins > Users and setup a new access for this board member. These directions are at Admin Drop Down Screens