The new ADMIN drop down contains both the users and the roles.
Member Splash has 3 default User Roles that are set up for you at on-boarding. The User Roles are they are Board, Manager and staff. Each Role has many preset capabilities & authority. (For example your Staff Role only has the capability to access check-in and the Point of Sale items, while the Board Role must have every capability turned on at launch. )
Here is the basic access by User Role:
Staff = Front Desk & Point Of Sale only
Manager = Front Desk, Point Of Sale, Accounts, and Point Of Sale Manager
Board = All Capabilities are granted
Below is an example set up of how you may organize your users:
Staff - Front Desk & Point Of Sale only
Manager - Front Desk, Point Of Sale, Accounts, and Point Of Sale Manager
Board - All Capabilities are granted
The 3 default User Roles contain all of the capabilities that most club need. All Users in the same User Roles have the same access. 'User Roles' can be edited to either increase or decrease the access of everyone in that role. For example you may want to grant all of your Managers access to the payments pages and screens, with Member Splash this is a quick click of a button.
Please review any changes in-depth with your board to make certain that everyone has the correct access and that you are in compliance with your by-laws.
Add a User
1. To add a user go to Users, click Add Users and fill in the needed information.
2. Be sure to select the correct User Role for your new user (staff, manager, board)
3. We require that all Login's be unique, so when entering something like "Treasurer", add the initials of your club to that name ( for example "MSTreasurer" )
Modify a User
1. To modify a user go to Users, click Users you want to change and fill in the needed information just like you would for adding a new user
User Roles - These allow the pool admin to add user roles to the system for broader customization. Your pool admin could decide that you need a special role for Swim Coaches, Tennis Staff or a Social Chair.
(PLEASE NOTE: the screen shot displays the "User Roles" functions, the ability to add User Roles is a Premium only feature)
1. The system presents the User Roles to the left (in this example Board, Manager, Secretary & Staff)
2. To the right the are listed the capabilities that the role can have assigned to it.
3. In the screen shot below the Board Role has default access to all of the capabilities (Accounts, Front Desk, Point of Sale, Media as well as sensitive member data)
4. However In this example the Staff Role has access to ONLY the Front Desk and the Point of Sale
5. Premium Customers have the ability To Add a User Role click on the Add ROLE button and type in the name of your new User Role. (in this example Secretary)
6. Click submit and your new User Role is ready. You can begin assigning the Secretary Role all of the capabilities that they need to do their job at your club effectively! (Please NOTE: For any new role you establish you need to give the role "members splash setting" and "front desk" capabilities in order for them to gain access to the Dashboard.)
7. To Delete a User Role click on the use role you wish to remove and click the Delete Button on the right
8. The system will ask you to confirm.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article