Member Splash is rolling out an easy to use, consolidated location for pool administration functions. The new ADMIN drop down is now housed directly on the dashboard.
User Roles are defined by what capability/authority they have to access the system. For example your Stuff Role only has the capability to access check-in and the Point of Sale items, while the Board Role must have every capability turned on at launch.
Below is a list of the default capabilities. (PLEASE NOTE: the screen shot displays the "User Roles" functions, the ability to add User Roles is a Premium only feature)
Staff = Front Desk & Point Of Sale only
Manager = Front Desk, Point Of Sale, Accounts, and Point Of Sale Manager
Board = All Capabilities are granted
An Example of One Pools Set up is as follows
Staff - Front Desk & Point Of Sale only
Manager - Front Desk, Point Of Sale, Accounts, and Point Of Sale Manager
Board - All Capabilities are granted
All of these "user roles" can be edited. The 3 default User Roles contain all of the capabilities that most club need.
All Users in the same User Roles have the same access. Please review any changes in-depth with your board to make certain that everyone has the correct access and that you are in compliance with your by-laws.
Add a User
1. To add a user go to Users, click Add Users and fill in the needed information.
2. Be sure to select the correct User Role for your new user (staff, manager, board)
3. We require that all Login's be unique, so when entering something like "Treasurer", add the initials of your club to that name ( for example "MSTreasurer" )
User Roles - These allow the pool admin to add user roles to the system for broader customization. Your pool admin could decide that you need a special role for Swim Coaches, Tennis Staff or a Social Chair.
1. The system presents the User Roles to the left (in this example Board, Manager, Secretary & Staff)
2. To the right the are listed the capabilities that the role can have assigned to it.
3. In the screen shot below the Board Role has default access to all of the capabilities (Accounts, Front Desk, Point of Sale, Media as well as sensitive member data)
4. However In this example the Staff Role has access to ONLY the Front Desk and the Point of Sale
5. To Add a User Role click on the Add ROLE button and type in the name of your new User Role. (in this example Secretary)
6. Click submit and your new User Role is ready. You can begin assigning the Secretary Role all of the capabilities that they need to do their job at your club effectively! (Please NOTE: For any new role you establish you need to give the role "members splash setting" and "front desk" capabilities in order for them to gain access to the Dashboard.)
7. To Delete a User Role click on the use role you wish to remove and click the Delete Button on the right
8. The system will ask you to confirm.